Quote:

Something like...

Code:

$epoPATH=ReadValue("HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent", "Installed Path")
If Not @ERROR
"ePolicy Orchestrator Agent Installed" ?
Else
"Installing ePolicy Orchestrator Agent...Please wait." ?
Copy "@SCRIPTDIR\\poaginst.exe" "%TEMP%"
Shell "%TEMP%\poaginst.exe"
Del "%TEMP%\poaginst.exe"
EndIf

Cool, thats a nice start, but I'm not sure what some of it means, if you have time, could you put some comments on for me please?

Quote:

I am not so sure ePO installs can be confirmed with that reg read. Seems to me ePO installs with VS 7.x but is not activated. I look for the file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\LastPropsSentToServer.xml" that indicates that it is communicating with the ePO server.

Also, with ePO 3.x the executable is FrmePkg.exe

This would work in a way I guess, but what about workstations that a user has interfered with and removed the agent? The file still exists after it has been unistalled. Is there a way to check something else, perhaps a service so that the only way the agent won't be installed is if the agent is already running??

Quote:

Les is 100% correct.. Oh, and by the way, if you build your own FRAMEPKG.EXE and it uses your domain Account which expires every xx days, you will need to update the FRAMEPKG.EXE file as well.

Another thought to ponder.. We have included this in our Ghost image (I know everybody here does not do that)..

Kent

Thanks for that, but I have the package created with a dedicated epo admin account which the password doesn't get changed on regular.

We don't currently have a ghost image, thats going to be one of my next projects I think