Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#90682 - 2003-05-22 12:03 AM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Stevie Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Lonkero, if you open 'ComExp 1.0 Type Library' instead of the 'COM MakeCab 1.0' library you'll see that it shows the same information that you get from the VB reference of the same file.

In fact, for some reason, the typelib viewer has an extra interface listed (in both type libraries) that you don't get from the VB Object Browser. I think the extra interfaces are because I'm searching for both IDispatch and IUnknown interfaces, and the VB Browser is only providing information for IDispatch since all COM calls in VB must derive from IDispatch.

The reason that you get a ...dll\7 (I get a 6 instead of 7) is that there are multiple type libraries registered by the same dll and that's how they're differentiated in HKCU.

Hopefully, that was clear enough. I understand it less now than when I started typing...

#90683 - 2003-05-22 12:06 AM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
I get the 6 with typelib-viewer.
with some other app was able to view \7

so was thinking, could it be possible to open dll with all of them... kinda select thing...

download KiXnet

#90684 - 2003-05-22 01:52 AM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Stevie Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Each type library is registered as a separate entity even if they're in the same .dll

The only way I'd know how to do it is to parse through HKCR hive and grab all registered dll names that have the same name as the open one and then do a lookup on the CLSID to find out what the type library is.

Sounds like an awful mess to me. Plus, I'm not sure how really useful that would be for most people.

Of course, there's probably a much simpler way to do it, but I certainly don't know what it would be.

#90685 - 2004-02-24 04:33 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

hey, stevie???
get page cannot be found on the link!
what can I do, where I can get it?

download KiXnet

#90686 - 2004-02-24 04:35 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

k, got the file and packed it up.
it's still avail from direct link I came up with:
http://www.kixscripts.com/files/TypeLibViewer.exe

download KiXnet

#90687 - 2004-02-24 04:37 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

no, not the same.
this one does not have the search

download KiXnet

#90688 - 2004-02-25 03:29 AM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Stevie Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

All our download links were down for a while today. Everything should be back up by now. If you have any issues getting it let me know.

#90689 - 2004-02-25 07:29 AM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

the above link does not work.
and the link at your site to kixscripts.com download points to same itripoli.com file as the another link.
that was actually my problem, I looked the file from kixscripts.com and it only had the old one and no links anywhere.

download KiXnet

#90690 - 2004-02-25 02:22 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
It looks like the site is working again.

Kent

#90691 - 2004-02-25 02:25 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

well, I haven't yet seen any change.
well, at some point the page context changed but I always got into the site.

and that was not my complaint in the first place.
and is not still.

download KiXnet

#90692 - 2004-02-25 04:35 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Stevie Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Here is the link for the latest version (1.2.1):

http://www.itripoli.com/downloads/typelibraryviewer/TypeLibVwr.exe

Edited by Stevie (2004-02-25 04:36 PM)

#90693 - 2005-01-21 09:54 AM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

and where is it now?

download KiXnet

#90694 - 2005-01-21 10:04 AM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

ok, I found it:
http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/143905-A4VX/TypeLibVwr.exe

download KiXnet

#90695 - 2005-01-21 06:45 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Well for others I guess it's best to first reach the main page so that they can easily see and find some of the other nice tools available there.

• Type Library Viewer
  • Package Cleaner
  • Admin Script Editor
  • Messages DLL
  • MSI Viewer
  • MSI Search
  • PackageValidator (Freeware)
  • KiXforms Designer (Freeware)
  • The ultimate guide to KiXtart

iTripoli Home Page
http://www.itripoli.com/

Then for the iTripoli Type Library Viewer
http://www.itripoli.com/itlv.asp

Then current download link listed on the page as of this posting (1/21/2005)
Latest Version: v1.2.1 (Released 5/21/03)
http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/143905-A4VX/TypeLibVwr.exe

#90696 - 2005-06-02 01:18 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

the fact is that the mainpage is not linking to all these.
the typelib is hidden in one of the subpages like it was never ment to be found.

download KiXnet

#90697 - 2005-06-02 08:43 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
On the main page if you click on the PRODUCTS link it shows all the downloads including the Typeviewer.
#90698 - 2005-06-03 06:14 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Stevie Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

We never meant for it to be hard to find. As Ron points out, you can just go to:
http://www.itripoli.com/products.asp which lists everything currently available, freeware and otherwise.

#90699 - 2005-06-03 07:16 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

ja, somehow the mainpage looks like a products page, so got confused each time went there.

download KiXnet

#90700 - 2005-06-23 09:06 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
Stevie Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

In light of the fact this is a scripting board, and because a discussion on kixforms reminded me of this, thought I would share some information on the typelib viewer installer switches. The following switches can be used for the setup:

• /SP-
    Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at the beginning of Setup

• /SILENT, /VERYSILENT
    Instructs Setup to be silent or very silent. When Setup is silent the wizard and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress window is. When a setup is very silent this installation progress window is not displayed. Everything else is normal so for example error messages during installation are displayed and the startup prompt is (if you haven't disabled it with the '/SP-' command line option explained above). If a restart is necessary and the '/NORESTART' command isn't used (see below) and Setup is silent, it will display a Reboot now? message box. If it's very silent it will reboot without asking.

• /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
    Instructs Setup to suppress message boxes. Only has an effect when combined with '/SILENT' and '/VERYSILENT'. The default response in situations where there's a choice is: -Yes in a 'Keep newer file?' situation. -No in a 'File exists, confirm overwrite.' situation. -Abort in Abort/Retry situations. -Cancel in Retry/Cancel situations. -Yes (=continue) in a DiskSpaceWarning/DirExists/DirDoesntExist/NoUninstallWarning/ExitSetupMessage/ConfirmUninstall situation.

• /LOG
    Causes Setup to create a log file in the user's TEMP directory detailing file installation and actions taken during the installation process. This can be a helpful debugging aid. For example, if you suspect a file isn't being replaced when you believe it should be (or vice versa), the log file will tell you if the file was really skipped, and why. The log file is created with a unique name based on the current date. (It will not overwrite or append to existing files.)

• /LOG="filename"
    Same as /LOG, except it allows you to specify a fixed path/filename to use for the log file. If a file with the specified name already exists it will be overwritten. If the file cannot be created, Setup will abort with an error message.

• /NOCANCEL
    Prevents the user from cancelling during the installation process, by disabling the Cancel button and ignoring clicks on the close button. Useful along with '/SILENT' or '/VERYSILENT'.

• /NORESTART
    Instructs Setup not to reboot even if it's necessary.

• /RESTARTEXITCODE=exit code
    Specifies the custom exit code that Setup is to return when a restart is needed. Useful along with '/NORESTART'.

• /DIR="x:\dirname"
    Overrides the default directory name displayed on the Select Destination Location wizard page. A fully qualified pathname must be specified.

• /GROUP="folder name"
    Overrides the default folder name displayed on the Select Start Menu Folder wizard page. If the [Setup] section directive DisableProgramGroupPage was set to yes, this command line parameter is ignored.

Here is a list of exit codes that may be returned (if a restart is needed you can set your own code as indicated above):
  • 0 Setup was successfully run to completion.
  • 1 Setup failed to initialize.
  • 2 The user clicked Cancel in the wizard before the actual installation started, or chose "No" on the opening "This will install..." message box.
  • 3 A fatal error occurred while preparing to move to the next installation phase (for example, from displaying the pre-installation wizard pages to the actual installation process). This should never happen except under the most unusual of circumstances.
  • 4 A fatal error occurred during the actual installation process.
    Note: Errors that cause an Abort-Retry-Ignore box to be displayed are not fatal errors. If the user chooses Abort at such a message box, exit code 5 will be returned.
  • 5 The user clicked Cancel during the actual installation process, or chose Abort at an Abort-Retry-Ignore box.

#90701 - 2005-06-24 09:50 PM Re: TypeLib Viewer 1.2 Released
KiX Master Guru

thanks stevie.

download KiXnet

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Shawn, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 84 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.073 seconds in which 0.023 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org