Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#87322 - 2002-08-19 04:03 PM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Shawn Administrator Offline
Administrator

Jooel,

One of the things with TNG is that it is more "exe" ready than Version 1 was ... I had to re-organize the code internally (you might have seen in typelib viewer) that there is only one object now - I called it the "Widget" object - its a generic name for "all objects" ...

But to be honest ... im trying NOT to go toward exe support. While .exe does solve a few problems - it also introduces a few new ones.

For example, .exe support is identical to the way that InternetExplorer.Application works ... it runs as a detached process. One of the problems is as follows: When you "kill" an IE script (with ^c), the IE window stays open ! The detached IE process has no way of knowing that your script is gone (dead) ...

Another problem is when you fail to properly kill a .exe process in your script ... it can get stuck in memory and stay running for hours and days ... these problems exist today, with .exe servers like IE and OFFICE ! I've been thinking of some solutions for these problems, and they are workable (like timeouts in the process etc) ... but would rather not "go there" yet.

So with that in mind, I've built enhanced re-freshing into TNG ... so now, there should be no need for the DoEvents loop - if you have no need to trap events. For example, you could build a ProgressBar script, that just increments the progressbar VALUE by one ... and the GUI will be automatically refreshed (just through changing the VALUE property alone) ... even more to the point - your BBChecker script - you should be able to remove all those scattered INLINE() function calls that you have.

#87323 - 2002-08-19 04:14 PM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
well, that refresh is right what I wanted!

to keep the form alive when I do something elsewhere.
well, not alive but looking such to user...

download KiXnet

#87324 - 2002-08-19 09:35 PM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Waltz Offline
Seasoned Scripter

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
[Big Grin]
Kudos to all involved in this 'project'.
You continue to delight, to edify, and to inspire with your stellar efforts and example.
Thanks.

#87325 - 2002-08-20 05:03 AM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Redback Offline
Getting the hang of it

Loc: Albury Wodonga, Australia
I only want it so i can print it out into a nice spiral bound manual [Razz]

Mmmmm, 42ppm duplex printer........

#87326 - 2002-08-20 09:40 PM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Schuliebug Offline
Hey THIS is FUN

Loc: Netherlands
Shawn,

Is it somehow possible to disable the KiXforms about box when using minimize or maximizebuttons (e.g. sysmenu<>0) ? And another KiXforms RFC: could $Form.Icon='%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe;7' be possible in the near future ? [Smile] I changed some scripts to use KiXforms 2.0.2: looks great with all those flat buttons and tooltips !

#87327 - 2002-08-20 10:21 PM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Redback: We're upgrading one of our copier/printers to a networked Canon ImageRunner 50ppm with duplex, large-format, scanning-ability, hole punch,... [Smile]

I just can't convince our financial persons that we really need that saddle-stich stapler (makes a 40 page document into a ten-page booklet) [Frown]

#87328 - 2002-08-21 03:25 AM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Redback Offline
Getting the hang of it

This is a Kyocera Mita KM-4230

Its a actually a photocopier

It prints up to a3 on duplex, hole punches and staples

I belive it can do the booklet thing and staple, however I cant get it to staple them, they print out fine though

#87329 - 2002-08-22 06:24 AM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Redback Offline
Getting the hang of it

Shawn,

what are the chances of getting .gif support for the image control? in particular I would like support for animated gif's

/me waits patiently for Shawns return

#87330 - 2002-08-24 05:17 PM Re: Kixforms: Kixforms 2.0 Beta 1
Bonji Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Virginia
I'm having a strange problem now with KixForms. I changed our NT4 servers to Win2000 last night and moved my profile on my workstation to the new one that was created due to the different domain name. Now KixForms does not work at all. I get an error if I try to register it also. I can unregister it fine, but I get the following error when using 'regsvr32 kixforms.dll'

DllRegisterServer in kixforms.dll failed.
Return code was: 0x8002801c.

Does anyone have any insight on why this is happening? I tried registering KixWinVB just to see, and it registers without a problem. Also, I have the same situation with another user's PC and he is having the exact same symptoms. I am running Windows XP (with all the blasted little updates Microsoft is trying to take over the world with installed).

Thanks,
Ben

[ 24. August 2002, 17:18: Message edited by: Ben Dulaney ]

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Shawn, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.066 seconds in which 0.027 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org