Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#277 - 1999-08-11 06:59 AM System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since implementing a partial installation of Kixtart on our NT4 server site with 100 plus W95 w/s a few machines give illegal operations and fatal exception errors during the login script processing of Kixtart If you use the normal login from a NT batch file it works ok. Any ideas ?
#278 - 1999-08-12 12:06 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are the machines with errors 95A or 95B?
DO they have USB support installed?

What is the exact text of the error?

------------------
Anthony J. Reno
renoa@rfa.org

#279 - 1999-08-12 03:16 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

The are both 95B and one has usb the other has not.
At the point that the login script runs from a cold start the following error occurs :

Fatal Exception 0E occurred at 0028: C02756A7 in VXD VWIN32(04) +00002883 application will terminate.

This is then followed by:

Illegal operation KERNEL32 0137:BFF870D6

It seems to be ok if you have already been logged in on that machine not using kixtart

#280 - 1999-08-17 08:57 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

What service pack are you running on the NT server? If it is 3, you may need to upgrade.
You also might need to upgrade your ODBC database files.
Where do you keep the scripts? In the netlogon share or on the ws?

#281 - 1999-08-17 10:57 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had the same problem on a few machines. i have a script that RUNs another script. an 8 second pause (after trying different lengths) before RUNning the second script fixed the majority of people that were having that problem. The few that it didn't fix I found were members of different workgroups-not the domain in identification tab of network properties.
#282 - 1999-08-17 10:58 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had the same problem on a few machines. i have a script that RUNs another script. an 8 second pause (after trying different lengths) before RUNning the second script fixed the majority of people that were having that problem. The few that it didn't fix I found were members of different workgroups-not the domain in identification tab of network properties.
#283 - 1999-08-17 10:58 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

#284 - 1999-08-17 10:59 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

#285 - 1999-08-17 11:03 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

#286 - 1999-08-17 11:48 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

#287 - 1999-08-17 11:49 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry about that
#288 - 1999-08-17 11:49 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry about that
#289 - 1999-08-25 04:27 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

All machines are in the domain workgroup
NT4 SP3 but most machines work
The scripts are in the netlogon share
where do I get the ODBC updates from ?
It works from a shutdown and relogin as different user but not from a cold start

#290 - 1999-08-30 08:17 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

NT Service pack should not matter...all mine are SP3 and run fine.

I am using a BAT to call scripts for all clients NT and 95.

We have had this error and it turned out to be the RPC dll files on the client. I took the RPC file from a working machine and copied them to a broken one and it seemed to solve the problem.

Does this happen on machines with a clean Win95B install?

------------------
Anthony J. Reno
renoa@rfa.org

#291 - 1999-09-01 03:17 PM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a note to let you know this forum works! I was having the fatal exception problem on one Win 95 client. I copied C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPC*.DLL from a known good machine to the failing one and the problem went away. Thanks!
#292 - 1999-09-06 05:50 AM Re: System crashing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I tried copying the RPC files and cold booting but it has made no difference
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.027 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org