Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#214202 - 2023-02-22 03:29 AM Exercism and raising Kixtart's profile
axtens Offline
Just in Town

Loc: WA, Australia
Exercism.org is a place where programmers can go to get better. The blurb on the front page includes "Solve coding exercises and get mentored to develop fluency in your chosen programming languages. Exercism is open-source and not-for-profit."

I've recently launched a learning track for 8th, a FORTH dialect. It took me a while but I was working mostly alone. I had a considerably larger team around me for the COBOL track.

There could be a Kixtart track. It's not hard, the community is helpful and the admin support is outstanding. The requirements are well described.

I am NOT volunteering to lead. I'm still working on a Euphoria track, and if that doesn't kill me, I'll follow with SNOBOL4. And I've got folk wanting help with tracks for REXX, PowerShell and ... umm ... Windows CMD.

This is only a suggestion. Maybe you don't want Kixtart's head to appear above the parapets and prefer a slow decline into obscurity, senescence and death.

-Bruce

#214213 - 2023-02-28 10:29 AM Re: Exercism and raising Kixtart's profile [Re: axtens]
Arend_ Offline
MM club member

Loc: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Hahaha, it certainly does seem to go that way... declining into obscuritym senescence and death.
Although from a preservation standpoint, I suppose it could serve its purpose.
But then again, that's why this forum is still here.
Code along with it's history is typically found here.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Lonkero, ShaneEP, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Ruud van Velsen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.08 seconds in which 0.041 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org