Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#18704 - 2002-03-15 02:16 AM Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Singapore
Hi all! Where to find the login script for Win NT? I need it to use for Mcafee.
#18705 - 2002-03-15 02:53 AM Re: Login Script
Howard Bullock Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Harrisburg, PA USA
Are you asking for the steps to configure a logon script or are you looking for specific code to include in your logon script?

After you have a functioning logon script, what do you want to do with regard to McAfee?

[ 15 March 2002, 02:55: Message edited by: Howard Bullock ]

#18706 - 2002-03-15 02:58 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Er...Sorry. I am quite new here so maybe i din phrase it properly. I am looking for samples of scripts for login scripts. It should be able to check and determine the OS version, checks the Mcafee DAT & Scan Engine version then updates specificly.
Is it clear enough, Howard?
thanx

#18707 - 2002-03-15 03:16 AM Re: Login Script
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
There are hundreds of examples already posted. A quick search will revael much.
See also, http://home.wanadoo.nl/scripting/

#18708 - 2002-03-15 03:20 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

well i tried searching but cannot find any suitable ones. And i dont know which is the correct to use. Maybe you can enlight me?
#18709 - 2002-03-15 03:33 AM Re: Login Script
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
Looking for a logon script is not like looking for a car. A car would be easy... four wheels plus a steering wheel and a motor. [Big Grin]
When you download KiX, it comes with some good examples. There are also lots of examples posted.

As for McAfee, that too can vary greatly, depending on what version and options and your specific needs. Unless you can better convey your version/options/needs, I doubt what you're looking for will just drop into your lap.

#18710 - 2002-03-15 03:41 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Ha... I see! Ok. i am actually looking for a login script to be use in Windows. Usage are as follow:
1) Checks the OS version
2) After getting os version, checks the mcafee DAT & scan engine version
3) Updates the DAT & scan engine version to the latest if what detected is not the latest.

Er...is that consider the needs and specifications?

Thanx...i am a bit slow in learning all this. I am still new.

#18711 - 2002-03-15 03:59 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Hi all, i apologise for mis-phrasing the topic. Ok here is what i am requesting from you all. I am using ePolicy Orchestrator currently and i wish to push the agent out of the ePO server using login scripts to the computers having Win95, 98, 2000 as the platform. The login script should contain the following:

1)Checks the OS version and does the agent installation it specified.
2)Checks & push the agent to computers that does not have agent installed. (Agent is an *.exe)
3)Creating a log file for the status of the agent installation. (Indicates the success of installation)

thanx for all. i will add in any requirements if new ones are found.

regards,
Vin

#18712 - 2002-03-15 06:45 AM Re: Login Script
Howard Bullock Offline
KiX Supporter

Well I do not believe that anyone will write your code for you, but you should be able to find bits and parts that you can put together. Specific technical issues and some code can be offered for specific situations, but you will have to read and understand the manual before we can really offer assistance.

[ 15 March 2002, 06:46: Message edited by: Howard Bullock ]

#18713 - 2002-03-15 06:56 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Hi Howard, i know that no one will write the entire code for me. And i dont expect anyone to write for me. I just want to know where are the related links. So far i been searching to no avail. No one seems to use the ePolicy Orchestrator software so i cant get any examples on that. For the checking of the OS version i already know how to go about it but not for the agent part. That's why i need help.
#18714 - 2002-03-15 07:50 AM Re: Login Script
Howard Bullock Offline
KiX Supporter

Sorry don't even know what ePolicy Orchestrator is.

#18715 - 2002-03-15 07:54 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Ya that's the main problem. Not many people know what ePolicy Orchestrator is. That's why i have problem getting the login script.
#18716 - 2002-03-15 01:59 PM Re: Login Script
Dean R Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Ireland, but Im an Aussie
Erm, ePolicy orchestrator is not really the issue here, treat it as any installable program.

To Check the OS
Use @INWIN

To Detect if the agent exists, figure out what file the agent places on the machine, any file will do, as long as it is a file that would not be there if the agent was not installed. Then do an IF EXIST statement on that file

I cant help you with the log file, I dont use them often and have little experience.

#18717 - 2002-03-18 03:21 PM Re: Login Script
Lefty Offline
Lurker

Hello,

i use ePO. And its very easy to install.

First off all, if you dont have it: Download the e-Policy Orchestrator Walk Through Guide made by Lee Fisher. It explains detailed how to install the agent using scripts. You can find a Link to it on the Support-BBS from NAI.

Now, with the knowledge from the ePO Walk Trough and the excellent knowledge from many ppl here you can install the ePO-Client easily.

Yes, i will write some script in near future and i will post it here, but in fact install the ePO-Client is trival and here are so many excellent scripts......
[Smile]

PS.: Excuse my bad english.
PPS.: Heres the Link http://download.nai.com/products/media/mcafeeb2b/pdf/literature/ePOWalkThroughGuide.pdf

PPPS:
WIN9x: You must only detect if DIR\FILE exist (IF NOT EXIST ("C:\ePOAgent\somefile.dll") .... POAGINST.EXE)

WINNT: Do the same as in Win9x but use another Instalation package. You must create a "Custom Agent Installation Package" with valid account credentials.
IF NOT EXIST ("C:\ePOAgent\somefile.dll") .... NTPOAGINST.EXE i.e

[ 18 March 2002, 15:49: Message edited by: Lefty ]

#18718 - 2002-03-19 03:52 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

I see... Thanx a lot. I see what i can do.
#18719 - 2002-03-19 04:00 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Hey Lefty the link you provided doesnt work. can you write the script for me? Checking the OS function. then according to the versions it does the checking of the agents. Juz some examples will do. You get the ball rolling then i will continue.
#18720 - 2002-03-19 07:36 AM Re: Login Script
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Okay Vin,

Here is a SAMPLE of how to do what you're looking for.
Now if this doesn't get me another 5 star VOTE, I don't know what will [Big Grin]

NOTE None of this code has been tested in any way what so ever.
It is only an idea of how it can be done. You MUST review and modify it to work for your circumstances.

Please review the code below and modify as needed... I don't think too many
other users will write out this much code for you except maybe MCA [Wink] he is a
work horse of help and ideas.

My Opinion This program sure looks like a rip-off of Symantec's
Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition. Too many similarites for my liking.

ePolicy Orchestrator
ePolicy Orchestrator at McAfee

ePolicy Orchestrator is the first and only truly scalable tool for managing and enforcing anti-virus
protection and policies. No matter whether you use McAfee or Symantec anti-virus products.

Compare ePolicy Orchestrator to other management tools

Designed specifically for the Internet, ePolicy Orchestrator is the first and only truly scalable
tool for managing and enforcing anti-virus protection and policies. No matter whether you use McAfee
or Symantec anti-virus products, ePolicy Orchestrator gives you the power to ensure virus protection
more effectively than any other solution on the market. Using ePolicy Orchestrator's comprehensive
policy management, detailed graphical reporting, and software deployment. Administrators can manage
policies and deploy protection while generating detailed graphical reports on McAfee anti-virus
products, as well as Symantec desktop and server anti-virus products.

code:
$NTEpol = "\\myserver\myshare\my_nt_epol_installer.exe"
$9xEpol = "\\myserver\myshare\my_9x_epol_installer.exe"

IF @INWIN = 1
$SRVR = ReadValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions", "ProductType")
IF $SRVR<>"WinNT" ; System is not a Workstation so assume it is a Server
; Call the server routine or return to main script.
RETURN
ENDIF
ENDIF

SELECT
CASE @INWIN = 1
IF EXIST("C:\EPOLICY\EPOLNT.DLL")=1 ;found file, so don't need to do anything. Return to main script.
RETURN
ELSE
SHELL $NTEpol ;execute the installer for NT
GOSUB "InstallOkay" ;log the install as okay
RETURN
ENDIF
CASE @INWIN <>1
IF EXIST("C:\EPOLICY\EPOL9X.DLL")=1 ;found file, so don't need to do anything. Return to main script.
RETURN
ELSE
SHELL $9xEpol ; execute the installer for Win9x
GOSUB "InstallOkay" ;log the install as okay.
RETURN
ENDIF
CASE 1 ; Unknown error go log error.
GOSUB "UnknownError"
RETURN
ENDSELECT

:UnknownError
IF OPEN(1,"\\MYSERVER\LOGS\"+@WKSTA+".LOG", 5)= 0
$out = WriteLine(1, @DATE+"*"+@TIME+"*"+@USERID+"*"+@FULLNAME+"*"+@lserver+"*"+"Unknown error installing ePolicy"+"*"+Chr(13)+Chr(10))
$nul = CLOSE(1)
ENDIF
RETURN

:InstallOkay
IF OPEN(1,"\\MYSERVER\LOGS\"+@WKSTA+".LOG", 5)= 0
$out = WriteLine(1, @DATE+"*"+@TIME+"*"+@USERID+"*"+@FULLNAME+"*"+@lserver+"*"+"ePolicy installed okay"+"*"+Chr(13)+Chr(10))
$nul = CLOSE(1)
ENDIF
RETURN

:END
RETURN

#18721 - 2002-03-19 08:40 AM Re: Login Script
Vin Offline
Fresh Scripter

Haha... Thanx NTDOC [Cool] ! But i already say that i dun know how to write any scripts, No point wirting it for me. I dont know where to implement it. And i dont know what to change and where to change. But anyway, thanx for you advice.
#18722 - 2002-03-19 09:09 AM Re: Login Script
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Given your last response Vin,

Then may I ask what you're here for? If you can't write a script and you can't or won't try to learn... then how can we help you?

Sorry, don't mean to sound negative, but I'm at a loss as to what it is you're looking for.

#18723 - 2002-03-19 09:20 AM Re: Login Script
Lefty Offline
Lurker

Great one NTDOC. This is ar realy good solution for ePO-Agent.

If anyone want to Install the Agent silent:
code:
$NTEpol = "\\myserver\myshare\my_nt_epol_installer.exe /s"
$9xEpol = "\\myserver\myshare\my_9x_epol_installer.exe /s"

[ 19 March 2002, 09:21: Message edited by: Lefty ]

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.066 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org