Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#186727 - 2008-04-05 12:11 AM Re: Open all files in dir, find phrase, insert text, write file [Re: Glenn Barnas]
Curious Offline
Getting the hang of it

Yes, Norway here \:\)

Tthanks for your input. I see the benefit you can have from multi-processes, but guess it will complicate any script a lot using this method.

Also, I am sure you handle much bigger systems than I do. In addition I don't use kixtart for so very much more than a rather advanced logon-script, and some jobs in conjunction with this. What I mean to say, is that my scripting is very simple in comparison to yours.

But I really appreciate your input, always trying to improve my scripting, allthough i unfortunately haven't got the time I would like for doing this.

I know thosw vars were a bit messy, things went a bit fast, but I am cleaning up bit by bit

Another question: I am using kix-editor. It has a function to make exe-file of the script, embedding kix32.exe. I have implemented a var, which checks a special var when running the script, like 'RunnKix.exe $var=yes. When this input for the var is matched in the script, I use it in a if-sentence, giving this var another input (writing some stuff to the registry). When running the kix-file this works nicely, but when using the generated exe, this doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this, or is it just like this it will be, because kix can't take the var from the command-prompt inside the exe?

Jon

#186731 - 2008-04-05 01:45 AM Re: Open all files in dir, find phrase, insert text, write file [Re: Curious]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
Jon

I wasn't suggesting that you implement the multi-threading - just thought it was a good opportunity to illustrate the benefits of and differences between RUN and SHELL with a potentially realistic example. \:\)

I don't use the make-exe capabilities, so I'm not familiar with any limitations it might have. I'm sure someone on the boards here might have some insight into that.

Glenn

#186732 - 2008-04-05 04:21 PM Re: Open all files in dir, find phrase, insert text, write file [Re: Glenn Barnas]
Curious Offline
Getting the hang of it

Glenn

I understood that you didn't mean for me to use multi-threading, but never-the-less I'm curious of how you build your script doing that. So if you have a script or some examples, it would be interesting thaing a peak.

Anyway.. thanks to all for the input on this thread.

Jon

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.133 seconds in which 0.109 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org