Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#143090 - 2005-07-21 11:15 AM Re: kixtart on a windows 2003 server platform
ekainyah Offline
Getting the hang of it

Loc: Ghana
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the help. I have tried almost all the suggestion given out here but till didn't get this going for me. I entered the script directly into my profile and then when i logon, it mapped the drive according to the group i put myself in but when i put the script into the sysvol and the GPO, it doesn't and i just don't understand. Might have to try another script.Thank you all for.

#143091 - 2005-07-22 05:16 AM Re: kixtart on a windows 2003 server platform
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Go back to the basics. Create a simple script that consistes just of a messagebox displaying a notice that the script is running. the place the script as per instructions below. Check the user ACLs to ensure they have acess. Try calling the script from a user's computer. Then strart enterign the script call into a GPO.

I've doen such things and it's easy as long as permissions and paths are set up correctly. Otherwise, you'll have to troubleshoot, e.g. enable file-level auditing or use other tools to see why the script is not being started. That's the stuff you really get paid for.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.037 seconds in which 0.02 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org