Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-08 12:36 AM
KiXgolf 2007: Taunt Generator - Private Round

X-Mas Present!: Private coding extended to December 16!
Your repulsive steed masquerades as a ill-tempered coconut!

=============
The Challenge: Taunt Generator
=============

In all the annals of knighthood, no personality trait has been in more dire need than the fortitude to withstand the diplomatically deleterious effects of a vicious, relentless taunting. Tasked with strengthening the mental endurance of Camelot's knights, King Arthur's court decided that instructional taunting must be applied, yet it could not be delivered by the chivalrous administration.

Thus, Sir Lancelot commanded a local anarcho-syndicalist peasant to write a program that generates taunts (a.k.a. mudslinging) thereby producing a script to test the patience of knights in a training environment. To prevent unbridled creativity in taunting from spoiling the otherwise stately proceedings of a nobleman’s education, the following rules designed by committee (The Round Table) must be adhered to:
 Quote:

<taunt> ::= <sentence> | <taunt> <sentence> | <noun>! | <sentence>
<sentence> ::= <past-rel> <noun-phrase> | <present-rel> <noun-phrase> | <past-rel> <article> <noun>
<noun-phrase> ::= <article> <modified-noun>
<modified-noun> ::= <noun> | <modifier> <noun>
<modifier> ::= <adjective> | <adverb> <adjective>
<present-rel> ::= your <present-person> <present-verb>
<past-rel> ::= your <past-person> <past-verb>
<present-person> ::= steed | king | first-born
<past-person> ::= mother | father | grandmother | grandfather | godfather
<noun> ::= hamster | coconut | duck | herring | newt | peril | chicken | vole | parrot | mouse | twit
<present-verb> ::= is | "masquerades as"
<past-verb> ::= was | personified
<article> ::= a
<adjective> ::= silly | wicked | sordid | naughty | repulsive | malodorous | ill-tempered
<adverb> ::= conspicuously | categorically | positively | cruelly | incontrovertibly

Please note that "::=" denotes "is defined as" and "|" denotes an OR. Thus, a "past-verb" is defined as either the word "was" or the word "personified".

Note that all phrases in double quotes are to be treated as one word for taunt simulation output. The number of taunts elicited at any given time is derived from the number of words spoken by the knight. For every three words (or fraction thereof) delivered by the knight, the generator produces one or more taunts in a theater-style script format. In the event that 2 taunts must be produced on a single line, they will be counted as 2 taunts towards the total required. By a mandate from the masses, a word will always contain at least one alphabetic character, and will be separated from other words by at least 1 space. In exception to the above rules, whenever the program finds the holy grail, which is to say, the letters t-h-e-h-o-l-y-g-r-a-i-l (case insensitive) in that order in a line of input, then the first taunt generated will be displayed by the program as "(A childish hand gesture)".

To ensure all royal quality assurance criteria are met, the program must be demonstrated by a simulation showing the taunts produced from a series of inputs. Each taunt is generated by applying the taunt generation rules until all of the <...> have been replaced with appropriate words.

In most cases, you will face a choice of alternate rules for expanding a phrase name.In these cases, you should make a choice as follows: Suppose that this is the kth such choice that you have faced for that rule since the start of program execution, and that you must choose one of n rules for expanding a given kind of phrase. Let the rules for that phrase be numbered from 1...n in the order of appearance above, and then choose rule number ((k-1) mod n) + 1.

Well, get on with it!

A download is available at http://s91376351.onlinehome.us/kixtart/kixgolf_tg.zip

=============
Inputs & Outputs
=============

Input: The input will consist of an array with an unspecified number of lines (elements). Each line will contain a statement uttered by a knight consisting of letters, digits, the characters ",.-!?" and the space character. Each line of input will be more than 1 character and less than 72 characters in length. All words will be separated by space characters. Each statement will contain at least one word.

Output: For every line of input, generate a block of output containing the following:
  • A single line containing "Knight:", a space, and the input. Any appearance of space characters inside the input will be replaced by a single space.
  • All taunts (as explained in the above rules) prefaced by "Taunter:" and a space, the taunt, and a period. Each word should be separated from neighboring words by a single space. One taunt per line.
  • A blank line

Each taunt should begin with a capital letter, and no extra characters should be added.

Thus, the input will be an array of lines. The output will then be an array of lines as well.

Sample Input
Hello!
Are you feeling alright?
Is there someone else I could talk to?
Anyone at all?
We seek the holy grail . . .

Sample Output
Knight: Hello!
Taunter: Your mother was a hamster.

Knight: Are you feeling alright?
Taunter: Coconut! Your steed is a silly duck.

Knight: Is there someone else I could talk to?
Taunter: Your father personified a herring.
Taunter: Your grandmother was a newt.
Taunter: Peril! Your king masquerades as a conspicuously wicked chicken.

Knight: Anyone at all?
Taunter: Your grandfather personified a vole.

Knight: We seek the holy grail . . .
Taunter: (A childish hand gesture).
Taunter: Your godfather was a parrot.

=======
Scoring
=======

The solution must pass all tests in order for it's KiXgolf Score to be considered.

When posting KiXtart Golf Scores, please include the KIXGOLF_*.TXT file that is created in the script directory. It contains some basic information about the computer that the script is run on and the resulting scores.

============
Test program
============

Test cases are provided to help screen entries and to provide the Golf Score.
Any script that passes the test cases can be submitted. If you are surprised that your solution passed the test cases, please submit it anyway! That will help me identify bugs in the test program.

================================================================
KiXtart GOLF - How To Play

Most importantly, anybody can play, no age restrictions, no penalties, no handicap!

The object in "real" golf is to hit the ball in the hole in the fewest strokes. The object in KiXtart Golf is to get from input (tee) to target (hole) in the fewest keystrokes.

Example: How many positive elements are in array $a?

Array $a could be of structure $a=[1, 2 ,-3, 4, -5, -7, 8, 9]

One approach:
 Code:
for $b=0 to ubound($a)
  if $a[$b]>0
    $c=$c+1
  endif
next

for a score of 45.

Another solution is:
 Code:
DO
  $b=$b+1
  if $a[$b]>0
    $c=$c+1
  endif
UNTIL $b>(UBOUND($a)+1)

for a score of 53.

Better approach: Code sample 1

KiXtart GOLF - The Rules

1) The goal of KiXtart Golf is to score the lowest strokes.
2) Strokes are all characters in a piece of code except whitespace characters, unless the whitespace character is necessary for the line of code to work. Therefore, carriage returns and line feeds do not count or spaces in between the '=' sign when assigning variables, e.g. '$a = $b' scores 5.
3) Code can be constructed any way you like, as long as it does not generate syntax or other errors when running the script in KiXtart.
4) The final solution MUST pass all test scripts that are part of the KiXtart golf challenge.
7) During the private coding phase, no code is allowed to be posted. Violations result in disqualification of said player.
8) During the public coding phase, code should be posted, reused, and borrowed from other players.
9) The test script contains the official KiXgolf scoring engine
10) Only the person posting a particular score will be recognized for the score, unless the KiXtart Golf Challenge organizer or another delegate posts code on behalf of a player
11) KiXtart Golf (a.k.a KiXgolf) codes must be written inside the KiXgolf UDF collection tags, ';!' and ';!;!'
12) Parameter names of the UDF's can be changed and additional optional parameters can be added.
13) Additional helper UDFs and code can be written as long as they reside inside the ';!' and ';!;!' tags.
14) The use of '$' as a variable is allowed.
15) The UDF layout is up to coder.
16) The UDF is expected to finish in a reasonable time, that is, on modern computers inside 1 hour timeframe.
17) You can submit scores as often as you want.
18) If you reach leading score, you are obligated to post your score immediately so others can try to compete with you.
19) The UDF may only use the KiXtart/KiXforms commands/functions/macros, no other code fragments are allowed.
20) Calls to COM components that are part of a standard default Windows installation are allowed.
21) The use of the KiXforms DLL is also permitted as the KiXforms DLL can now be considered an integral part of KiXtart scripting.
22) Calls to other executables, as long as they are part of a standard default Windows installation are allowed.
23) The UDF should be self-contained (except for any I/O mentioned in the challenge). In particular, you may not do things like fetching extra data from a remote site or file.
24) You may assume ASCII as character set.
25) You may use block comments as the KiXgolf Scoring Engine now supports block comments.
26) You are allowed to only use publicly available versions of KiXtart and KiXforms, private builds or alpha builds are NOT allowed.
27) Your submitted score must include the result print of the KiXgolf test-engine.
28) The SETOPTION() parameters in the KiXgolf script may not be modified and will govern the script behavior. SETOPTION() parameters may change depending on the particular needs of the KiXgolf challenge.
29) Tokenizing the UDF, script, or portions thereof is not allowed.
30) If something is not explicitly denied by the rules, it's allowed.
31) If Confusion arises, arranger of the KiXgolf round has the final say.
32) Additional test cases can be added during the private round by submitting a proposal for a new test case to the BBS. The proposed test case becomes official once it has been added to the existing test cases and the KiXgolf package has been reposted for download. If new test cases are added within 12 hours of private round end the private round will extend by an additional 24 hours. The public round will then start one day later and also end one day later. Not additional test cases will be added during the public round.

KiXtart GOLF - The Duration of the Competition

1) Private coding phase: From date/time of posting the tournament challenge to Sunday, December 16 10pm EST (BBS+6 time)

2) Public coding phase: From Sunday, December 16 10pm EST (BBS+6 time) to Wednesday, December 19, 10pm EST (BBS+6 time)

3) Final results: Thursday, December 20

You will need the complete package from http://s91376351.onlinehome.us/kixtart/kixgolf_tg.zip.

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-08 12:43 AM
Re: KiXgolf 2007: Taunt Generator - Private Round

WTF?

Gargoyle
(MM club member)
2007-12-08 01:02 AM

My head hurts already

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-08 02:54 AM

Second link in description has been corrected.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-08 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Allen
WTF?

Your hovercraft is full of eels

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-08 02:22 PM

Jochen, I think the proper responce to Allen:
 Originally Posted By: Allen
WTF?

Would be:
 Originally Posted By: Jochen
Knight: WTF?

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-08 02:28 PM

Would you guys like to accept a Chrismas present in the form of extending the private round until Sunday night with the public round then ending on the following Wednesday night?

Also, a preemptive clarification: The counter rule for the program execution applies to everything that happens inside the UDF. Thus, if you feed a five line array into the UDF, the first line would the the first execution of the program, the second line would be a second execution of the program. If there would be a second test case, then the counting inside the UDF would start all over.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-08 08:17 PM

I would be very thankful for this present Jens!

Still have problems understanding the rules (logically), including the translation of single words of it to german \:\) , though, I have not started to think it over seriously as for the weekend mind state

Dale, you seem to got the rules right already?

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-08 08:37 PM

Jochen: I wouldn't so much worry about the translation of the words. All the rules you see are essentially mathematical equations where some of the variables would need to be replaced by other variables.
For the "Hello!" it works as follows:
Knght: Hello! (three words or less, thus just one taunt)
Taunter:
<taunt>
= <sentence>
= <past-rel> <noun-phrase>
= your <past-person> <past-verb> <article> <modified-noun>
= your mother was a <noun>
= your mother was a hamster

For each of the rules we have k=1 becuase it's the first line we're feeding into the taunt generator, thus n=1, namely th first fo the choices in all of the rules.

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2007-12-08 10:38 PM

uhm... a single test with zillion tests inbuilt? hmm...

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-09 03:18 AM

I had to redesign the test cases a bit after everybody was against allowing a global variable as part of the KiXgolf UDF. Somehow, you need to track how much the knight has spoken already, thus I moved that tracking into the UDF itself as well. Plus the sequence of knight and taunter are dependent, thus the test cases would not have been independent of each other.

If you wish, I have a second test case consisting of 8500 lines of Knight-speak resulting in 31463 lines of Knight-Taunter banter \:\)

Let me start preparing that test case now...

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-09 03:44 AM

so we need to start over?

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-09 04:20 AM

No, you do not. I just tried ot explain to Jooel why there is only one test case with multiple tests embedded. The original, unposted version of the taunt generator was using each sentence of the knight as it's own test case. However, it works better if the complete knight-speak is considered only a single test case input.

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-10 12:50 AM

Ok, I know its a !#%&@$^ PIG but, First Tee and it is working

Your solution passed all tests

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60
KiXGolf Script = kixgolf_tg.kix

Computer
OS = Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
CPU = Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Tournament = Taunt Generator
Processing Start = 2007/12/09 17:46:35.228
Processing End = 2007/12/09 17:46:35.263
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.034
KiXGolf Score = 3944

Thank you for participating in KiXtart Golf!
Press any key to continue...

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-10 02:22 AM

Congratulations to Benny on his feat \:\)

So, where are the others? Below 10,000 I hope?

ShawnAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-10 03:01 AM

Well done Benny.

Gargoyle
(MM club member)
2007-12-10 04:27 AM

Congrats Benny, I have not even started yet. Have the idea what needs to be done, but not even a single stroke as of yet.

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-10 09:18 AM

Ok, I'm trying to warp my mind to get around this...

example one:
 Code:

result: <sentence>
result: <past-rel>                     <noun-phrase>
result: your <past-person> <past-verb> <article> <modified-noun>
result: your mother        was         a         <noun>
result: your mother        was         a         hamster

Ok, I got that one (I think). Now the next one:

Code:

result: <sentence> | <tount> <sentence>

I don't get why the taunt is made up of <noun>! | <sentence> instead of <sentence | <tount> <sentence>.

Does my question make sense? Because if it doesn't, I think I'm really losing my mind

* Me slaps Benny with a cod for already posting a valid score \:o

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-10 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Benny69
Ok, I know its a !#%&@$^ PIG but, First Tee and it is working

KiXGolf Score = 3944

A Pig??? I coded a complete Tetris Game with less strokes :o (edit: somehow I mixed up strokes with lines, sorry )
Congrats for the tee-off Dale

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-10 01:53 PM

so as to not scare people too much, i must confess that with my first post, the code i used had very large var names. i had to do that just to keep track of all the stuff that changes. i have trimmed things down a bit and considering the challenge this post is a little more reasonable:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.53

Computer
OS = Windows XP Professional
CPU = Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
Speed = 3200 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/10 06:46:51.534
Processing End = 2007/12/10 06:46:51.549
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.014
KiXGolf Score = 1275

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-10 01:55 PM

Nice ... those were very long varnames, aye?

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-10 02:13 PM

DrillSargent:

The "|" symbol consititues an "OR". you would use the formula "((k-1) mod n) + 1" to decisde which of the n choices you have to use. So, in your example, it's the second taunt, thus the sercond time oyu make a choice which taunt to use. Thus the fomula will give you a return of ((2-1) mod 3)+1 = 2. You'd therefore use "<tount> <sentence>". Then, to further resolve <taunt>, you then end up with a resolved <noun>! which then resolves to "Coconut!".

In the end, it's just math \:\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-10 02:24 PM

Whoa,

now I can imagine the rules ... thanx Jens, working code will follow sooner or later

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-10 02:40 PM

one last one, then i need to get some work done:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.53

Computer
Speed = 3200 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/10 07:39:10.726
Processing End = 2007/12/10 07:39:10.741
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.015
KiXGolf Score = 1175

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-10 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Sealeopard
In the end, it's just math \:\)

Math I can handle... it's the wierd coconuts and sordid chickens that confuse me...

But I'm glad for the extension. I think I really need all the time to get to a working solution...

NTDOCAdministrator
(KiX Master)
2007-12-11 01:08 AM

So how many points does Benny get for being the only one with working code by the end of the game? ;\)

Congrats on being on the green first there Benny. Good job.

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 01:29 AM

thanks doc, the sad part is i don't have a life. lol

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 08:40 AM

hmmm ... got me script growing. Have all the text parts defined, am stripping the input of double spaces and adding childish hand gestures on the correct places.

All this has already 598 strokes, and I am far away from adding rules \:o

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 09:18 AM

This is getting ridiculous ... coding the part that defines the number of taunts per sentence adds another 100 strokes

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 01:22 PM

hmm... not quite 100 strokes; The taunt quantity code was too long and logically wrong \:\)
Current score therefore is only 688 (not finished, failing 1 of 1 Tests of course!)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 01:44 PM

In order to ignite your compassionateness and showing how this hurts, I'll just post my current $sResult.
This is all I got for 702 strokes

Knight: Camelot!

Knight: Burn her!

Knight: I feel happy!

Knight: Bring out your dead

Knight: With nasty big pointy teeth

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 01:49 PM

Jens, according to the rules, this should be valid:

Code:
Knight: Wet heh olyg rail?
Taunter: A second taunt following the rules.

Knight: etc...

Can you confirm this ?

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 02:53 PM

shouldn't the gesture be followed by two taunts? (4 words)

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-11 03:09 PM

Jochen: The childish hand gesture happens only when you seek the holy grail but your're not seeking in your example.

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 03:23 PM

Jens, are you sure?

In the explanation you say that you have to look for 'theholygrail' not 'seektheholygrail'...

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 03:34 PM

Ooops ... do we have a problem now ?

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 03:39 PM

whenever the program finds the holy grail, which is to say, the letters t-h-e-h-o-l-y-g-r-a-i-l (case insensitive) in that order in a line of input, then the first taunt generated will be displayed by the program as "(A childish hand gesture)".

I would inturpit this as:

Knight: Give me the holy grail!

Or

Knight: Look the holy grail!

Or

Knight: Me take theholygrail!

Or

Knight: Me take theh olyg rail!

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 04:08 PM

Ooops ... do we have a problem now ?

I shouldn't think so, it's just the question if you have to look for 'seektheholygrail' or 'theholygrail' and that's just 4 strokes diff...

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 04:14 PM

So, in opposite to what Jens state we do seek "the holy grail" but we do not "seek the holy grail"

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 05:42 PM

has anyone noticed that:

<taunt> ::= <sentence> | <taunt> <sentence> | <noun>! | <sentence>
is the same as:
<taunt> ::= <sentence> | <noun>! <sentence> | <sentence>

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 05:44 PM

Eh ?

not yet obviously

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 06:22 PM

why track 4 taunts when you can track 3?

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-11 06:40 PM

Sorry, guys, longs days at work. Yes, as long as you have the holy grail I don't care whether you seeked, murdered, robbed, coded, taunted, or valdalizedin order to get it \:\)

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-11 06:43 PM

BTW, I approved that Benny posts the trick reduction on the number of taunts to track \:\)

Beny seems to be lightyears ahead of the rest of you guys in this one \:\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 07:34 PM

Sorry, guys, longs days at work. Yes, as long as you have the holy grail I don't care whether you seeked, murdered, robbed, coded, taunted, or valdalizedin order to get it \:\)

(A childish hand gesture). :p

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 09:08 PM

getting very close to a valid code now ... seems that the amount of taunts
per input is correct now and also the 2 taunts per line thing works.
Score is 744
On to fill the taunt lines with words

Taunter: .

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-11 09:30 PM

On to fill the taunt lines with words

... but not today

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-11 11:31 PM

pffft... Ok, I'm on the board I hope I have time enough to shave it down. Like benny I've used big varnames for the first setup so my next post will be a big drop.

Code:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.60
KiXGolf Script   = kixgolf_tg.KIX

Computer
OS               = Windows Vista Business Edition
CPU              = Intel Pentium Model 15
Speed            = 2194 MHz
Memory           = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Tournament       = Taunt Generator
Processing Start = 2007/12/11 23:25:17.311
Processing End   = 2007/12/11 23:25:17.318
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.006
KiXGolf Score    = 2972

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 12:15 AM

Well done Roger!

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-12 12:47 AM

Ah, a second competitor. Who'll be first to get to under 1,000?

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-12 02:49 AM

I am making a second test case available. It's integrated into the download at http://s91376351.onlinehome.us/kixtart/kixgolf_tg.zip

The new test 2 contains a couple of stress tests, one for the holy grail, and one to generates multiple taunts.

I tried to put the whole 8500 line test into a .INI file but KiXtart balked at reading so much text.

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 08:49 AM

Jens, I'm confused... In the rules you state we have to look for theholygrail but in a later comment you state we have to look for holygrail.

So according to the rules this shouldn't be right:
Knight: t h aea holy g r a i l

Can you change the rules or the test-case accordingly?

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 09:14 AM

If I take the hand gesture mentioned above out of Testcase 2 I get:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60
KiXGolf Script = kixgolf_tg.KIX

Computer
CPU = Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 09:11:05.196
Processing End = 2007/12/12 09:11:05.446
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.250
KiXGolf Score = 2312

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 09:29 AM

Getting closer still ... Man, this IS hardcore coding \:o (Score ~ 785)

Taunter: coconut! .

Taunter: peril! .

Taunter: mouse! .

Taunter: duck! .

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 11:37 AM

it's still far from optimized but:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 11:32:43.195
Processing End = 2007/12/12 11:32:43.426
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.230
KiXGolf Score = 1528

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 12:51 PM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 12:50:00.423
Processing End = 2007/12/12 12:50:00.644
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.220
KiXGolf Score = 1450

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 01:20 PM

My (reverse) L33t score \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 13:18:14.319
Processing End = 2007/12/12 13:18:14.569
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.250
KiXGolf Score = 1337

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 01:45 PM

7h47's c0mp13731y 1337

Oh well, you haven't posted it at 13:37 ;\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 02:00 PM

Oh btw ... news from the not-so-1337-coding front:

Taunter: coconut! Your steed is a .

Taunter: Your father personified a herring.
Taunter: Your grandmother was a newt.
Taunter: peril! Your king masquerades as a .

Taunter: mouse! Your first-born is a .

Taunter: Your mother personified a hamster.

Taunter: Your father was a coconut.

Taunter: duck! Your steed masquerades as a .

Taunter: Your grandmother personified a newt.
Taunter: Your grandfather was a peril.

Score: 905
I begin to like my code ;\)

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-12 02:13 PM

No confusion, everybody's looking for the holy grail as specified in the posted rules. Thus,
 Code:
Knight: t h aea holy g r a i l

is correct as it contains the letters for the holy grail in the correct sequence.
 Quote:

In exception to the above rules, whenever the program finds the holy grail, which is to say, the letters t-h-e-h-o-l-y-g-r-a-i-l (case insensitive) in that order in a line of input

So, there can be other characters in between the holy grail letters but as long as you have these letters in the correct order, you will get a childish hand gesture. The string "t h aea holy g r a i l" contains the holy grail once you disregard the two bolded "a" letters and the spaces, all other letters are in the correct order for the holy grail.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 02:16 PM

OMFG !!!!

This puzzles up at least 3 codes for a while

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 02:18 PM

hmmm, ok... I'll have to rework that part then...

Benny, nice drop below 1000 \:\)

Does your code also work for the last holy grail explanation and testcase 2?

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DrillSergeant
Benny, nice drop below 1000 \:\) Does your code work for this holy grail?

Huh? What? Where?

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 02:37 PM

Benny, nice drop below 1000 \:\) Does your code work for this holy grail?

Huh? What? Where?

Ooops, I misread... it was jochen's (not working code) score

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 02:38 PM

Drop, me no drop, me went up to pass [Test 2].

the 't h aea holy g r a i l'
gave me fits too but my code now works with it.

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.53

Computer
Speed = 3200 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 07:33:37.638
Processing End = 2007/12/12 07:33:37.701
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.063
KiXGolf Score = 1274

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 02:40 PM

btw Jens, can we get an extra week for that holy grail thingie?

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 02:51 PM

Wow Dale,

it only costs 99 strokes to handle th aea holy grail ?
Weee

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 02:56 PM

To make this fool-proof.

this one would not invoke a childish hand gesture, or would it ?
 Code:
Knight: t heae holy grrrrrail

Note the double e occurance and the multiple r's

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 02:58 PM

That holy grail is pretty easy to find after all \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 14:55:56.198
Processing End = 2007/12/12 14:55:56.568
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.370
KiXGolf Score = 1259

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 03:00 PM

To make this fool-proof.

this one would not invoke a childish hand gesture, or would it ?
 Code:
Knight: t heae holy grrrrrail

Note the double e occurance and the multiple r's

yes it should, you can still find theholygrail in that string...

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 03:00 PM

Is it ?

Oh, I am relieved to hear that

*Jochen goes to his secret test lab ... bu-wa-haha!

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 03:06 PM

Roger you dawg! well done.

Jochen, stop, Roger and I both know you are holding back that less than 1000 code to not make us feel bad.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 03:20 PM

Hoozah !!!!

Now I have a working code that passes test case 1 (not the funny holy grail quest) with a score of 969

I wont post the result as I am sure it will fail test case 2 ;\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 03:42 PM

I have still no idea how to find t h aea holy g r a i l

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 03:49 PM

Now that I downloaded the ^°!%&#*! new testcase I got an array ref out of bounds

lol

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 03:57 PM

I hope you need at least 284 strokes for that grail thingie, Jochen \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 15:55:12.442
Processing End = 2007/12/12 15:55:12.702
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.259
KiXGolf Score = 1252

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 04:07 PM

Now that I downloaded the ^°!%&#*! new testcase I got an array ref out of bounds

lol

Phew! the mistake I made was thank god a logical one that didn't occur in test case 1 as the array wasn't parsed completely.

Hard to find in a line that is 213 strokes wide

So ... the quest for t h aea holy g r a i l starts still at 969 ;\)

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 05:00 PM

pffft... it's starting to hurt...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 16:59:29.177
Processing End = 2007/12/12 16:59:29.458
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.280
KiXGolf Score = 1156

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-12 05:54 PM

Quote:
t heae holy grrrrrail
is definitely holy and will result in a childish hand gesture.

RemcovC
(Starting to like KiXtart)
2007-12-12 08:51 PM

Hi all,

Roger informed me today that there was a new round, so I thought I why not, let's give it a shot and annoy him. ;\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
CPU = Intel Pentium Model 15
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 20:32:51.961
Processing End = 2007/12/12 20:32:52.052
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.091
KiXGolf Score = 1138

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 09:03 PM

Wow, what a comeback !!!
Or are you the alter ego of Rogier?

Dang, instead of searching for t h aea holy g r a i l I optimize the code I have so far ... 938 in the mean time, but still fail 1 of 2 tests

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 09:07 PM

Wow, what a comeback !!!
Or are you the alter ego of Rogier?

Nah, he's truly my nemesis \:D

<pre>

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
OS = Windows Vista Business Edition
Speed = 2194 MHz
Memory = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 21:02:16.128
Processing End = 2007/12/12 21:02:16.191
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.063
KiXGolf Score = <font color="red">1133</font>

</pre>

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 09:12 PM

Remco: 1138
Rogier: 1133

You freaks !!

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 09:52 PM

I Second That! Basta's!

RemcovC
2007-12-12 09:54 PM

I feel already home again :P

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 10:15 PM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2194 MHz
Memory = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 22:13:50.871
Processing End = 2007/12/12 22:13:50.942
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.070
KiXGolf Score = 1106

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 10:22 PM

This is a nice one to round up for today \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2194 MHz
Memory = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 22:21:16.271
Processing End = 2007/12/12 22:21:16.409
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.138
KiXGolf Score = 1100

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 10:24 PM

And now for something completely different!

I've been watching from the side and I'm amazed what you guys did so far.
If I checked all posts correct this should be the current standings.

1 - Sarg - 1106 1100
2 - Remco - 1138
3 - Benny - 1175 (one test)
3.5 - Benny - 1274 (two tests)

Jochen 938 failing 1 of 2 tests

Paging Jooel! Where's you 150 score?

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 10:36 PM

*Trout shield activated!*

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53
KiXGolf Script   = kixgolf_tg.kix

Computer
OS               = Windows XP Professional
Speed            = 2399 MHz
Memory           = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 22:34:28.015
Processing End   = 2007/12/12 22:34:28.031
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.016
KiXGolf Score    = 1045

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 10:56 PM

Nice one Jochen! I kinda figured it was just a matter of time before you would find those pesky grails \:D

oh well... it's a long way till sunday

<pre>

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2194 MHz
Memory = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/12 22:52:33.737
Processing End = 2007/12/12 22:52:33.799
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.062
KiXGolf Score = <font color="red">1063</font>

</pre>

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-12 11:06 PM

Ja, and I haven't even started serious optimization yet ;\)

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-12 11:32 PM

Jochen, you basta! you must be do'in some weird table thing.

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-13 12:11 AM

I guess I am going to have to get out my secret weapon,…

Open the tank!
Are those Sharks with Lasers Beams attached to their heads?
You mean I actually have frick’n Sharks with frick’n Laser Beams attached to their frick’n heads?

I’m the best Evil son a Evil dad could ever ask for.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2448023

RemcovC
2007-12-13 08:19 AM

ok lost a few strokes... but not enough \:\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 08:16:47.395
Processing End = 2007/12/13 08:16:47.592
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.197
KiXGolf Score = 1129

RemcovC
2007-12-13 09:09 AM

and again a few strokes less

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 09:06:35.765
Processing End = 2007/12/13 09:06:35.861
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.095
KiXGolf Score = 1116

RemcovC
2007-12-13 09:21 AM

ok under 1100 now \:\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 09:21:11.685
Processing End = 2007/12/13 09:21:11.776
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.091
KiXGolf Score = 1086

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 09:42 AM

A dimmed variable never reused and a superflous ().
Damn, if it gets so big it is hard to keep track on variables \:\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer
OS               = Windows 2000 Professional
CPU              = Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Speed            = 2793 MHz
Memory           = 504 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 09:36:59.296
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 09:36:59.421
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.125
KiXGolf Score    = 1040

Wow, this double core Intel processor is quite a bit faster than the single core at work...

RemcovC
2007-12-13 09:57 AM

ok after some dirty tricks the result is:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 09:56:47.710
Processing End = 2007/12/13 09:56:47.800
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.090
KiXGolf Score = 1052

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 11:34 AM

getting near the 1k border...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 11:33:23.671
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 11:33:23.781
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.110
KiXGolf Score    = 1014

RemcovC
2007-12-13 11:49 AM

trying to keep up with you

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 11:29:54.206
Processing End = 2007/12/13 11:29:54.298
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.092
KiXGolf Score = 1038

RemcovC
2007-12-13 01:26 PM

Yes below 1000 :):)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 13:24:07.392
Processing End = 2007/12/13 13:24:07.512
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.120
KiXGolf Score = 997

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 01:37 PM

Nice work there Remco \:\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 01:42 PM

pffft... this on was soooo obvious

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 13:41:39.968
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 13:41:40.078
KiXGolf Score    = 1013

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 01:44 PM

this one was not so obvious \:\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 13:43:55.671
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 13:43:55.781
KiXGolf Score    = 1008

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 02:37 PM

This one was so wicked it burnt some synapses here

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer
CPU              =               Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 14:35:48.000
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 14:35:48.109
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.108
KiXGolf Score    = 1003

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 03:46 PM

nice round number to leave it alone for a while:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 15:44:00.328
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 15:44:00.437
KiXGolf Score    = 1000

RemcovC
2007-12-13 03:52 PM

Ok then its my turn again :P

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 15:51:18.240
Processing End = 2007/12/13 15:51:18.320
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.080
KiXGolf Score = 994

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 03:56 PM

So, no rest for the wicked, aye ?

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 15:55:31.453
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 15:55:31.593
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.139
KiXGolf Score    = 996

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 04:11 PM

Now we are even ... your turn!

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 16:10:41.734
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 16:10:41.875
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.141
KiXGolf Score    = 994

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 04:18 PM

Sorry, in fact it is my turn :p

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 16:17:09.953
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 16:17:10.062
KiXGolf Score    = 992

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 04:24 PM

and ...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 16:23:31.828
Processing End   = 2007/12/13 16:23:31.937
KiXGolf Score    = 988

RemcovC
2007-12-13 05:32 PM

ok ok...

your turn again then

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 17:27:54.098
Processing End = 2007/12/13 17:27:54.301
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.203
KiXGolf Score = 966

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-13 05:34 PM

you guys all STINK! I am still trying to get under 1200:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.53

Computer
Speed = 3200 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/13 10:34:01.406
Processing End = 2007/12/13 10:34:01.500
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.093
KiXGolf Score = 1201

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: RemcovC
your turn again then

KiXGolf Score = 966

Whoa, this is Golf, not Tennis

All'ight Ma'am, I'll see if I can return that cross ball ;\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 06:22 PM

Don't worry Dale,

or to say it with 'The Police' : Every little stroke you do is magic

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 06:52 PM

1st - Remco @ 966
2nd - Jochen @ 988
3rd - Sarg @ 1063
5th - Benny @ 1201

The knights who say NI! demand a sacrifice!
Is that going to be you Benny?

Knights Who Say NI @ YouTube

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-13 07:33 PM

LOL! I shall return with a Shrubbery.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 07:51 PM

Has anyone else noticed (except Jens) that virtually every element of this round is lent from
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
... even the nasty big pointy teeth

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 07:54 PM

Mart,

shouldn't that be

1st - Remco @ 966
2nd - Jochen @ 988
5th - Sarg @ 1063
nil - Benny @ 1201

it is, according to the instruction manual of the holy handgrenade of antioch

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-13 11:22 PM

LOL

Only one answer fits

Quote:

And the Lord spake, saying,
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.
Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three.
Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Quote from: Monty Python And The Holy Grail (script) and from: Monty Python-Holy Hand Grenade (video)

Maybe one of you guys can throw it to Remco \:D He seems to be your evil bunny in this round of golf. Well thinking of it, it was Sarg who pulled Remco into the game hmmmmmmmm......him being Sarg he might have brought some grenades of himself to the green

ShawnAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 05:47 AM

We are now the scripters who say...”Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Gargoyle
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 06:34 AM

"neet, neet, neet, neet"

RemcovC
2007-12-14 08:44 AM

Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Good morning and after a few nightmares my code is down to:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 08:41:10.935
Processing End = 2007/12/14 08:41:11.020
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.084
KiXGolf Score = 954

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 09:30 AM

K, I have a score here passing all the given test cases (I'll explain later that it doesn't pass on certain circumstances, aka special test cases build to crash that code)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 09:29:10.546
Processing End   = 2007/12/14 09:29:10.656
KiXGolf Score    = 979

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 09:41 AM

I've done a complete rewrite to get below 1000. I don't know if I can find enough time between now and sunday to keep up with you guys...

Btw Jochen, talking about bugs: Remco just told me that he found a bug in the test-cases and if he (mis-)used it, it would save another 35 strokes for him

He PM-ed Jens to ask what to do with it.

<pre>

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 09:36:21.193
Processing End = 2007/12/14 09:36:21.544
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.351
KiXGolf Score = <font color="red">990</font>

</pre>

RemcovC
2007-12-14 09:41 AM

K, I have a score here passing all the given test cases (I'll explain later
that it doesn't pass on certain circumstances, aka special test cases build to crash that code)

I think I know what circumstances, taking advantage of them, my score drops to:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 09:41:32.421
Processing End = 2007/12/14 09:41:32.562
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.140
KiXGolf Score = 926

RemcovC
2007-12-14 09:43 AM

oops... 919 is my score (forgot to comment out some code)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 10:38 AM

accidentally found another flaw... will write a test case and a working code for that.

Laters

RemcovC
2007-12-14 10:56 AM

I also found 2 flaws, explained them to Sealeopard in a PM

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 10:56 AM

Allright, got it.

If I add this test case my 979 code will fail it \:\(

Code:
[Test3]

Input=Hello!~Are you feeling alright?~Is there someone else I could talk to?~Anyone at   ,,  all? , --   !!  ?

Output=Knight: Hello!~Taunter: Your mother was a hamster.~~
Knight: Are you feeling alright?~Taunter: Coconut! Your steed is a silly duck.~~
Knight: Is there someone else I could talk to?~
Taunter: Your father personified a herring.~
Taunter: Your grandmother was a newt.~
Taunter: Peril! Your king masquerades as a conspicuously wicked chicken.~~
Knight: Anyone at ,, all? , -- !! ?~

If this case will be added to the official test file my score would be at 1084 (But the code should be 100% waterproof! )

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 11:02 AM

Now we seem to hang in the balance until Jens gives a word.

Sorry for the inconvenience I caused \:\(

RemcovC
2007-12-14 11:09 AM

Ok added test 3 and this is the result:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 11:09:24.187
Processing End = 2007/12/14 11:09:24.332
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.145
KiXGolf Score = 919

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 11:21 AM

Arrgh!!!
Ok, well, ummm, then my new official score would be this:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 11:19:57.453
Processing End   = 2007/12/14 11:19:57.609
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.155
KiXGolf Score    = 1079

I bow before the master!

Please disregard my previous score posts

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 11:26 AM

Ah well, I am quite proud that I even managed to write functioning code from Saturday to Thursday ;\)
Remco, when did you start to work on this ?

RemcovC
2007-12-14 11:31 AM

Ok just to make it clear:

I think I have 2 flaws, which I explained to Sealepard.
But one I'm not sure if one of the flaws really is a flaw.

Using these flaws I score 919.
My "Waterproof" code has a score of 954

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 11:32 AM

Hmmm... with jochen's new test I'm #2, so I say: make it so, Jens! \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 11:29:56.453
Processing End = 2007/12/14 11:29:56.733
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.279
KiXGolf Score = 992

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 11:35 AM

Well done Rogier!
Well, let's just wait for Dale.
He'll either commit suicide or repost his score as working with case 3

RemcovC
2007-12-14 11:36 AM

Ah well, I am quite proud that I even managed to write functioning code from Saturday to Thursday ;\)
Remco, when did you start to work on this ?

Do you really want to know?

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 11:41 AM

Umm, Hell Yeah!

RemcovC
2007-12-14 11:50 AM

Umm, Hell Yeah!

My first saved file is from wednesdag 3pm CET
according to my MSN log with Rogier I think a started around noon with coding.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 11:53 AM

You are some kind of code monster, aren't you ?
What is your professional background?

RemcovC
2007-12-14 11:54 AM

Ok new test....

Only thing I did is make a word start with a number, according the rules a word must contain a letter, not start with one.

Code:
[Test4]

Input=Hello!~Are you feeling alright?~1s there someone else I see here?~Anyone at   ,,  all? , --   !!  ?

Output=Knight: Hello!~Taunter: Your mother was a hamster.~~
Knight: Are you feeling alright?~Taunter: Coconut! Your steed is a silly duck.~~
Knight: 1s there someone else I see here?~Taunter: Your father personified a herring.~
Taunter: Your grandmother was a newt.~Taunter: Peril! Your king masquerades as a conspicuously wicked chicken.~~
Knight: Anyone at ,, all? , -- !! ?~Taunter: Your grandfather personified a vole. 

Don't forget to remove the enters I put in for readability ^^

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 11:55 AM

My first saved file is from wednesdag 3pm CET
according to my MSN log with Rogier I think a started around noon with coding.

I'm just glad I didn't invite him sooner ;\)

Oh, btw, he's an ex-colleague of mine since last october

RemcovC
2007-12-14 11:56 AM

Oh, btw, he's an ex-colleague of mine since last october

Adn who's fault is that ?????

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 11:57 AM

Yo Rogier,

just make sure to keep your mouth shut next tournament

RemcovC
2007-12-14 11:57 AM

Oh btw, with the 4 testcases my score is:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 11:39:02.447
Processing End = 2007/12/14 11:39:02.592
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.144
KiXGolf Score = 947

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 12:01 PM

Thank god this new test doesn't affect my waterproof code.
Otherwise I had to search for the highest christmas tree in town to hang myself

Running Test1...Done
Running Test2...Done
Running Test3...Done
Running Test4...Done

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 11:59:22.000
Processing End   = 2007/12/14 11:59:22.046
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.046
KiXGolf Score    = 1079

RemcovC
2007-12-14 12:50 PM

Hmmm... what a little turning and twisting can do \:\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 12:49:30.533
Processing End = 2007/12/14 12:49:30.848
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.314
KiXGolf Score = 936

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 01:00 PM

I made it even more waterproof, it should be 100% now
(numbers or digits without characters are not being considered in finding the amount of taunts per input)
If someone would be so kind writing a test case for "Knight: We knights seek 1 holy grail!" ::= 1 taunt, not 2

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 12:59:51.343
Processing End   = 2007/12/14 12:59:51.390
KiXGolf Score    = 1063

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 01:15 PM

I was so kind myself.

Please add this case too:

Code:
[Test5]

Input=We, the knights, seek 101 holy grails!

Output=Knight: We, the knights, seek 101 holy grails!~
Taunter: (A childish hand gesture).~

and don't forget to unbreak the long output line ;\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 01:18 PM

Oh, and by the way

Running Test1...Done
Running Test2...Done
Running Test3...Done
Running Test4...Done
Running Test5...Done

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 13:17:52.406
Processing End   = 2007/12/14 13:17:52.453
KiXGolf Score    = 1062

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 01:21 PM

Test case 5 ammended in the mean time ... see the post before the last \:\)

RemcovC
2007-12-14 01:22 PM

Ok with 5 tests:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 13:21:47.583
Processing End = 2007/12/14 13:21:47.940
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.357
KiXGolf Score = 936

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 01:22 PM

I can't break your code, eh?
Very well, let's see if I can break Drill's

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 01:34 PM

passed 5 of 5 \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 13:26:04.322
Processing End = 2007/12/14 13:26:04.903
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.580
KiXGolf Score = 979

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 01:42 PM

Damn!!!

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 01:55 PM

Big cleanup! \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 13:48:05.983
Processing End = 2007/12/14 13:48:06.564
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.580
KiXGolf Score = 940

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 02:28 PM

Wow !!!
Big cleansweep you did there mate.

Mine still has potential. I can even see how to save 30 strokes or so, but have no brains atm to do it

Well, there is enough time till Sunday, is it ?

RemcovC
2007-12-14 02:53 PM

next strike

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 14:49:19.177
Processing End = 2007/12/14 14:49:19.582
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.404
KiXGolf Score = 932

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-14 02:58 PM

As far as I can tell all three new test cases presented seem to be valid test cases for vairosu rules. I will therefore include them in the test suite. I believe i will need to rework the engine a bit in order to make the string comparison case-sensitive. I believe that it is set to case-insensitive testing right now. I won't be able to make the necessary modifications until tonight, though.

Nice job, guys \:\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 03:04 PM

Case sensitivity will break mine ... I demand prolongation!

edit:
Short hacking proofed that case sensitivity only means that my short code hunt would be start over at 1115 strokes

RemcovC
2007-12-14 03:05 PM

My waterproof code will not break with case \:\)

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 03:09 PM

I have a 905 without the case sensitivity... I didn't post it yet because I was waiting for the ruling of Jens about it.

I wonder how much this is going to set me back

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 03:22 PM

New score including Case sensitive output:

Running Test1...Done
Running Test2...Done
Running Test3...Done
Running Test4...Done
Running Test5...Done

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 15:20:59.906
Processing End   = 2007/12/14 15:20:59.953
KiXGolf Score    = 1096

Please disregard, again, all previous score posts

Dale?

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 03:25 PM

Gosh, yesterday I was in the lead

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 03:39 PM

Ok, 5 tests, case sensitive:

Also disregard previous scores for me

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 15:37:26.116
Processing End = 2007/12/14 15:37:26.476
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.360
KiXGolf Score = 936

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-14 03:49 PM

Scoring board after nearly 7 days of questing for the holy grail, aka the shortest code

• Remco -> 932
  • Rogier -> 936
  • Jochen -> 1096
  • Dale (not verified all cases) -> 1201

I'm off now for my company's Christmas party, so keep it clean while I'm away guys

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 04:00 PM

Remco's 932 is case insensitive, his sensitive score is 939 and that would make me... \:D

Remco's 932 is valid for 5/5 tests and case sensitive... \:\(

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 04:06 PM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 16:04:59.143
Processing End = 2007/12/14 16:04:59.503
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.360
KiXGolf Score = 934

RemcovC
2007-12-14 04:52 PM

Grrrr my nemesis is trying to blacken me..

revenge.. I need revenge....

Valid 5/5 with case sensitive

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 16:50:06.459
Processing End = 2007/12/14 16:50:06.779
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.319
KiXGolf Score = 917

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 05:38 PM

After reading all this you guys had my ___ puckering! I finally got a chance to run against all 5 tests and passed.

But I am not sure what you guys are talking about with case sensitivity.

Maybe some one could post all the tests in one post so I know for sure I am using the right ones.

Code:
Running Test 1...Result... Passed... Done
Running Test 2...Result... Passed... Done
Running Test 3...Result... Passed... Done
Running Test 4...Result... Passed... Done
Running Test 5...Result... Passed... Done

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer
CPU              =               Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
Speed            = 3200 MHz

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 10:31:21.535
Processing End   = 2007/12/14 10:31:21.644
KiXGolf Score    = 1172

RemcovC
2007-12-14 05:47 PM

The case sensitive part is quit easy to explain, every taunt line should start with a capital, but that is not being checked by the score engine.

So if a line should be:
 Code:

And your code returns:
 Code:
Taunter: coconut! Your steed is a silly duck.

The score engine will not fail the test.

RemcovC
2007-12-14 06:28 PM

Getting close to the magical 900 \:\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 18:28:07.563
Processing End = 2007/12/14 18:28:07.909
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.346
KiXGolf Score = 909

RemcovC
2007-12-14 06:41 PM

Lol... was reading the rules again, and figured that there is another bug in the check programm. One we all missed probably by using trail an error \:\)

Not that it really matters (I win only 1 stroke with it), but if I understand the rules correctly the last line in the return array should be empty line.

In my code the last line that is returned is the last taunt. And it passes all tests ^^

RemcovC
2007-12-14 06:56 PM

Only 2 left for 900

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 18:56:38.305
Processing End = 2007/12/14 18:56:38.629
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.324
KiXGolf Score = 902

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-14 08:16 PM

lol, my code is case sensitive now and it actually saves me a few strokes, thanks for pointing it out.

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/14 13:16:21.571
Processing End = 2007/12/14 13:16:21.727
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.155
KiXGolf Score = 1156

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-15 03:21 AM

I've uploaded a new version of the test cases and a fixed engine that is now testing the strings via '==' to make the comparison case-sensitive. I've also fixed the reported issue where there was no empty line after the last taunt.

The package is available at http://s91376351.onlinehome.us/kixtart/kixgolf_tg.zip

RemcovC
2007-12-15 09:41 AM

Ok used the new scoring engine, and this is the result \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/15 09:40:17.382
Processing End = 2007/12/15 09:40:17.710
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.328
KiXGolf Score = 901

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-15 01:42 PM

So, the new scoring engine magically shaved off one stroke? Amazing \:\)

RemcovC
2007-12-15 01:44 PM

So, the new scoring engine maically shaved off one stroke? Amazing \:\)

As I expected \:\)

RemcovC
2007-12-15 03:45 PM

And below 900 strokes \:D \:D

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/15 15:45:22.879
Processing End = 2007/12/15 15:45:23.213
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.334
KiXGolf Score = 893

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-15 04:19 PM

shaved a few more:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/15 09:19:13.216
Processing End = 2007/12/15 09:19:13.544
KiXGolf Score = 1130

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-15 04:55 PM

and,...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/15 09:55:48.694
Processing End = 2007/12/15 09:55:48.991
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.296
KiXGolf Score = 1105

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2007-12-15 06:19 PM

eh...
new engine?
who touched the scoring engine?

don't want to study too much what you guys have done, just wish to get my hands on the code in the public round.

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-15 08:35 PM

I think current standings are:

Remco - 893
Roger - 934
Jochen - 1096
Dale - 1105

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-15 10:01 PM

finally below 1100:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/15 15:00:09.771
Processing End = 2007/12/15 15:00:10.005
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.233
KiXGolf Score = 1085

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 09:54 AM

Oy Dale, recovered from the kick in the nuts?

Very well, here is the one engine saved stroke:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer
Speed            = 2400 MHz

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 09:53:37.343
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 09:53:37.375
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.031
KiXGolf Score    = 1095

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 10:00 AM

... and a few more

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 09:59:39.109
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 09:59:39.156
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.047
KiXGolf Score    = 1070

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 10:13 AM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 10:13:13.781
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 10:13:13.828
KiXGolf Score    = 1064

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 10:33 AM

pfft...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 10:33:44.968
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 10:33:45.015
KiXGolf Score    = 1063

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 10:49 AM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 10:48:35.312
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 10:48:35.359
KiXGolf Score    = 1054

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 10:54 AM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 10:53:36.281
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 10:53:36.328
KiXGolf Score    = 1027

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 11:29 AM

and another few more ...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 11:24:11.078
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 11:24:11.125
KiXGolf Score    = 1024

RemcovC
2007-12-16 12:25 PM

shall i start to worry ?

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 01:17 PM

Ok, This is with the new scoring engine and case sensitivity. My coding can be 6 strokes less, but then it will fail if any of the 'theholygrail' letters are in capital. There are currently no test-cases where this is the case, but I'd feel bad if I would take advantage of that loop-hole.

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2194 MHz
Memory = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 13:09:57.759
Processing End = 2007/12/16 13:09:57.884
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.125
KiXGolf Score = 944

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-16 02:26 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. I've updated test case 5 to feature capitalized words. The modified .INI has been uploaded to http://s91376351.onlinehome.us/kixtart/kixgolf_tg.zip

Because the test case has been modified outside of the 12 hour timeframe for private coding extension as denoted in rule #32, there will be no extension. Private coding is still scheduled for today at 10pm EST.

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 02:43 PM

Jens, shouldn't the 'Knight line' in the output be the same as the input line without extra spaces?

You've capitalized the words in the input, but not in the output line.

RemcovC
2007-12-16 02:44 PM

Damn... you broke my 893 with this new testcase \:\(
Didn't expect that

RemcovC
2007-12-16 02:46 PM

Jens, shouldn't the 'Knight line' in the output be the same as the input line without extra spaces?

You've capitalized the words in the input, but not in the output line.

If I adjust the answer with capitals, my 893 works again

RemcovC
2007-12-16 02:57 PM

Grrrr, dont want to be a pain or so but I just read the in/output rules again....

Quote:
A single line containing "Knight:", a space, and the input. Any appearance of space characters inside the input will be replaced by a single space.

This rule doesn't say that any leading spaces should be trimmed, only that multiple spaces should be replaced by one.

In testcase 2 there are 2 lines which start with a space, but if I return them with a leading space they are counted as wrong.

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-16 03:59 PM

Try the updated package, updated the .INI according to your report

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 04:03 PM

hmmm, the leading space now breaks my code...

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 04:20 PM

This is my leading space score...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2194 MHz
Memory = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 16:15:56.096
Processing End = 2007/12/16 16:15:56.231
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.135
KiXGolf Score = 972

RemcovC
2007-12-16 04:47 PM

hmmm

me and my big mouth...
Im failing test 2, but my output seems to be the same is the ini.

RemcovC
2007-12-16 05:02 PM

Lol....
I figured why my new code failed \:\(

The new scoring engine now checks on leading spaces, but not on trailing spaces.

but never mind that.

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 17:03:05.856
Processing End = 2007/12/16 17:03:06.182
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.326
KiXGolf Score = 894

RemcovC
2007-12-16 05:05 PM

perhaps a suggestion for future golf tournaments:

Add an version number to the ini, and display it in the official score so we can see who's using which version. (like the scoring engine)

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 05:06 PM

I think Test 2 should be reworked, if we have the altered Test 5 then we need to accout for the same things in the others:

oneword
Oneword

two words
Two words

three words here
Three words here

four words this line
Four words this line

five words on this line
Five words on this line

six words on this line and
Six words on this line and

seven words ending the increasing sequence lines
Seven words ending the increasing sequence lines

this-should-be-counted-as-one-word
This-should-be-counted-as-one-word

should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word
Should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word

stress test a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa bb
Stress test a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa bb

whine0
Whine0

whine1
Whine1

whine2 whine3
Whine2 whine3

whine4 whine5
Whine4 whine5

t h aea holy g r a i l
T h aea holy g r a i l

the holy grail
The holy grail

whine6
Whine6

whine7
Whine7

whine8
Whine8

whine9
Whine9

whine10
Whine10

RemcovC
2007-12-16 05:18 PM

My code won't fail on that ^^

I have 2 code now, one which works with trailing spaces and your new test, and 1 which works without trailing spaces and your test.

The last score I posted is the one without trailing spaces, and passes the current testini (894 strokes)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 05:31 PM

Great!

My code fails test case 5 now (of course!)
I haven't even thought of that possibility yet

edit: It isn't failing case 5... WTF is going on ???

RemcovC
2007-12-16 05:46 PM

Is it case 2 ?

If so see my previous comment about trailing spaces

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 05:54 PM

I don't even know which test case, as It seems to be perfect

[edit: according to $iValid it has to be case 2, but there is no significant difference bewteen $sResult and $sOutput]

RemcovC
2007-12-16 05:59 PM

I had the same problem

The test doesn't take in account the trailing spaces.

Edit:
Try to rtrim your knight lines

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 06:30 PM

Yeah, I found the flaw in test case 2 in the mean time.

Code:

Input: ... ~ this-should-be-counted-as-one-word  ~ ...
... ~ should-be-counted-as-one-word  should-be-counted-as-one-word ~

Output: ... ~~Knight:  this-should-be-counted-as-one-word~ ...
... ~~Knight:  should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word~

and the rules state:

Quote:

Any appearance of space characters inside the input will be replaced by a single space.

There is no rule that states that the Input line should be trimmed on the right!
So the output should therefore be:

Code:

~~Knight:  this-should-be-counted-as-one-word ~
~~Knight:  should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word ~

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 07:36 PM

K, with the current, imo wrong test case 2, I improved my existing a bit more.
Still I have 7 strokes that aren't necessary if the case follow the rules,
so this post is preliminary until the ini is corrected \:\)

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 19:35:11.843
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 19:35:11.890
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.047
KiXGolf Score    = 1027

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 08:19 PM

Preliminary score as test case 2 is still violating the rules

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 20:19:36.171
Processing End   = 2007/12/16 20:19:36.218
KiXGolf Score    = 1024

Gargoyle
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 08:55 PM

Looks like this has been a fun round (22 pages and counting). Wish I had time to play, but with the Holiday's a broken car, brewing 3 batches of beer, and that other thing known as work....

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 08:59 PM

Yeah, this is a really funny round, and like an emotional roller coaster ride! ... plus it should last a bit longer as there need to be a new test case 2 in the 12h period which will result in a prolongation of private round ;\)

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 09:05 PM

I second the motion for an extension. The leading and trailing spaces thingie needs some work...

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 10:31 PM

Thanks guys, I'm back above 1100:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 15:31:27.042
Processing End = 2007/12/16 15:31:27.181
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.138
KiXGolf Score = 1182

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-16 10:55 PM

this is my last one for the night:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/16 15:55:15.369
Processing End = 2007/12/16 15:55:15.510
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.141
KiXGolf Score = 1112

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-16 11:01 PM

Yo Dale,

keep 'em coming tomorrow ;\)

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-17 02:57 AM

Okay, the test cases have been modified as follows:
1) All test cases had their leading/trailing spaces removed.
2) Test case 5 has then be changed to re-introduce the validation of leading/middle/trailing spaces.

Package has been uploaded to http://s91376351.onlinehome.us/kixtart/kixgolf_tg.zip

Private coding deadline has been extended to Monday 6pm and public coding will then be extended to Thursday 10pm.

Hope this is the last time I have to modify the test cases.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 06:46 AM

Lol.

Now my code fails 2 of 5 test cases
Well, this is a blow I can't eat so early in the morning.
I'll have to get up first drionl my coffees, get to work. I'll report then.

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 07:38 AM

There's an incorrect leading space in test 2 in the output of sentence 'this-should-be-counted-as-one-word' and 'should-be-counted-as-one-
word should-be-counted-as-one-word'

RemcovC
2007-12-17 08:19 AM

I have also 2 failed tests:

Test 2: Reason in the answer ini there are 2 spaces in front of 2 line in stead of 1
 Code:
Knight:  this-should-be-counted-as-one-word~
Knight:  should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word~

Should be:
 Code:
Knight: this-should-be-counted-as-one-word~
Knight: should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word~

And test 5: reason the input to the function is incorrect, the input to the function appears to have no leading space (maybe that's the way kix works with ini files, removing leading spaces itself)

This can be solver by putting quotes around the input of test 5
 Code:
Input=' We,  The  Knights,  Seek  101  Holy  Grails! '

Hope this helps \:\)

*off topic*
This is my 100st post \:D \:D

RemcovC
2007-12-17 08:22 AM

If I adjust the ini conform what I have written above, this is the result:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 08:21:32.720
Processing End = 2007/12/17 08:21:33.026
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.306
KiXGolf Score = 887

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 08:40 AM

All the points you mentioned are the ones I found but didn't post an hour before because of my provider at home sometimes doesn't like korg (well, it is sometimes a general pig) \:\)

The problem with test case 5 is that readprofilestring(), or the underlying API, strips trailing spaces that are not inside quotes...

Having said all this and ammended the ini file to reflect the changes my new result is....

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 08:41 AM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 08:40:34.609
Processing End   = 2007/12/17 08:40:34.656
KiXGolf Score    = 1013

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 09:04 AM

With the suggested quotes and fixed Test 2:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 09:02:02.812
Processing End = 2007/12/17 09:02:02.912
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.099
KiXGolf Score = 968

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 09:07 AM

hmmm ... 46 strokes? I don't think that my approach leaves so much many possibilities \:\(

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 09:10 AM

hmmm ... 46 strokes? I don't think that my approach leaves so much many possibilities \:\(

I've heard that before! And then just before the deadline you shave off 50+ strokes! ;\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 09:12 AM

Lol!

well, at least I keep trying ;\)

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 09:19 AM

I don't think I'll be able to shave off 81+ either, but I'm also not going to give up without a fight:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2392 MHz
Memory = 1016 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 09:18:10.313
Processing End = 2007/12/17 09:18:10.393
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.079
KiXGolf Score = 963

RemcovC
2007-12-17 09:30 AM

127 strokes should be your aim ^^

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 09:42 AM

So if there are no more extensions, this is the deadline:

RemcovC
2007-12-17 09:51 AM

Ok have to hurry then, with adjustments to ini like specified above:

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 1662 MHz
Memory = 1014 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 09:49:59.292
Processing End = 2007/12/17 09:49:59.620
KiXGolf Score = 886

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 10:39 AM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 10:37:54.703
Processing End   = 2007/12/17 10:37:54.875
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.171
KiXGolf Score    = 1008

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 10:43 AM

... and

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 10:42:12.156
Processing End   = 2007/12/17 10:42:12.218
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.061
KiXGolf Score    = 1004

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 11:02 AM

*Gnnnnn*

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 11:00:36.218
Processing End   = 2007/12/17 11:00:36.281
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.063
KiXGolf Score    = 1003

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 11:06 AM

*Gnnnnn*

Constipated?

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 11:21 AM

Yep, intellectually constipated one could say

Björn
(Korg Regular)
2007-12-17 11:32 AM

So, a brainfart is better than a brainfreeze now?

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 11:47 AM

For me maybe... On the other hand, it may result in mental diarrhea

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 11:50 AM

I fart in your general direction!

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 11:53 AM

So, when did you get french (and me king for that matter) ? \:o

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 12:05 PM

Stunningly this trick works ... finally below 1000 again

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 12:04:12.343
Processing End   = 2007/12/17 12:04:12.406
Duration         = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.063
KiXGolf Score    = 999

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 01:26 PM

37 left for 2nd place...

I never beat Rogier in a private round

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 01:54 PM

??? The horror of the A-Z round still wakes me up screaming sometimes ;\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 01:56 PM

37 left for 2nd place...

except for one time

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-17 02:42 PM

I won't be able to post an updated .INI file until tonight untila after the private round deadline. thus, please make the following modifications to test cases 2 and 5:

Test 2: Reason in the answer ini there are 2 spaces in front of 2 line in stead of 1
 Code:
Knight:  this-should-be-counted-as-one-word~
Knight:  should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word~

Should be:
 Code:
Knight: this-should-be-counted-as-one-word~
Knight: should-be-counted-as-one-word should-be-counted-as-one-word~

And test 5: reason the input to the function is incorrect, the input to the function appears to have no leading space.

This can be solver by putting quotes around the input of test 5
 Code:
Input=' We,  The  Knights,  Seek  101  Holy  Grails! '

My apologies.

RemcovC
2007-12-17 02:57 PM

I put the adjusted INI file on the web.

It's somewhere over here

RemcovC
2007-12-17 02:58 PM

My apologies.

No need to \:\)

I'm still having fun

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 03:06 PM

My apologies.

No worries, Jens. You're still the #1 game show host in my book \:\)

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 03:14 PM

My apologies.

No worries, Jens. You're still the #1 game show host in my book \:\)

As long as he doesn't do this ROFLMAO
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ERk1PVLkLr8

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 03:14 PM

I second the last two posts of Remco and Rogier!

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 03:17 PM

Quote:

Edited by Jochen (17/12/2007 15:15)
Edit Reason: Damnit Mart !!!

This is the quest for the holy golfer so no cursing please

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 03:24 PM

the holy golfler games nightly

can you find the grail?

RemcovC
2007-12-17 03:43 PM

Knight: the holy golfler games nightly

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 04:05 PM

the holy golfler games nightly \:D

RemcovC
2007-12-17 04:11 PM

oops my bad, should have taken it through my function ^^

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 04:24 PM

the holy golfler games nightly \:D

lol!!!

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 05:23 PM

Jens you are great, but the other guys stink! stop makeing me change my dang code!

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 05:34 PM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.53

Computer
Speed = 3200 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 10:33:25.142
Processing End = 2007/12/17 10:33:25.236
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.093
KiXGolf Score = 1061

RemcovC
2007-12-17 07:49 PM

Jens you are great, but the other guys stink! stop makeing me change my dang code!

Your welcome \:D

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 08:28 PM

Uh oh, Dale'S coming and he's angry \:o

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 08:55 PM

yeah i got my panties in a twist ;\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 09:04 PM

I bet it's easier for you to shave 63 65 strokes than for me to shave 37 35 \:\(

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-17 09:09 PM

KiXtart
KiXtart Version  = 4.53

Computer

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine   = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 21:07:48.750
Processing End   = 2007/12/17 21:07:48.796
KiXGolf Score    = 997

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 10:22 PM

Lost another var...

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2194 MHz
Memory = 2038 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 22:21:49.597
Processing End = 2007/12/17 22:21:49.671
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.074
KiXGolf Score = 960

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-17 11:36 PM

I think current standings are:

Remco - 886
Roger - 960
Jochen - 997
Dale - 1061
Mart - Cage Rattler ;\)

NTDOCAdministrator
(KiX Master)
2007-12-18 12:43 AM

Mart - Cage Rattler ;\)

Hey, how many points do we get for that. Maybe I can join in there ;\)

Benny69
(MM club member)
2007-12-18 02:40 AM

one last one before the public round.

KiXtart
KiXtart Version = 4.60

Computer
Speed = 2792 MHz
Memory = 2048 MB

KiXGolf Scoring Engine
Scoring Engine = 3.3

KiXtart Golf Score
Processing Start = 2007/12/17 19:40:46.477
Processing End = 2007/12/17 19:40:46.617
Duration = 0000/00/00 00:00:00.139
KiXGolf Score = 1058

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2007-12-18 05:54 AM

Thank you all, the private round is now closed. Please post your codes in the public round thread.

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2007-12-18 11:04 AM

LOL

Pretty cool what you guys did. Thumbs up to y’all.

I've been reading the public thread and I suddenly know what I want for Christmas. A new brain cause this one crashed and burned after reading all posted code.