2005-01-11 08:30 PM
Current Suggestions / Requests
Current Suggestions - Requests
Here is a list of the most common or current suggestions for updates to KiXtart. Some of these have been re-named or re-worded. In the next few days I will find the original posts and provide a link to them. In the mean time if you have questions or suggestions please post a response.
As time goes on this list will be corrected or updated as appropriate.
Colors for status on suggestions where it's known:
The suggestion is currently being worked on
The suggestion is not going to be included
The suggestion is in the works in new beta
The suggested feature has made it's way to a release
- COM enhancements to support events and sinks
- Support for Pipes
StdIN and StdOUT
- @function to determine OU of user and/or workstation
- Binary data support
To be able to make use of binary file i/o, sockets and many COM automation objects KiXtart needs to be able to manipulate binary data.
Support for the "byte" data type (and "byte arrays") would probably be sufficient, although converting to and from existing types would help a lot.
- Case Sensitive setoption('OptionExplicit','ON')
- Case-Sensitive Sendkeys() or Keystate()
- Detokenize as an option in new version
- MakeEXE for KiX 4.5
- More support for math
the wishlist: 81313
base conversions: 81500
- Mouse movements
- Native Terminate function
- OnError exception handler
- Regular expressions support
- SKIX32.EXE KiXtart as a Service
- Socket Support
- UNICODE support for READLINE
- XML Support
- Pointers - Variable pass by reference - ByVal and ByRef
Ability to support [out] variables in COM objects:
- Static variable definition
Static variables are local to a scope, but unlike DIMmed variables they are not destroyed when the scope is exited.
For example, this allows information in a UDF to be preserved.
- Intergrate the Service control functions of XNET into KIX
- Declare and Assign variables at once
- Include a @HomePath macro that would give the full path as set in account
- Multithreading support
- Ascan Enhancements
InExact search support
option to return all matches at once
- Comment Block similar to C
- Include libraries etc with UDF
- Source file encryption
- XOR Support
- bitwise negation operator
- Update GetFileSize to support open/InUse files
- Update GetFileTime to support other parameters
- RD /c /h /f /s /s subdirs /f also readonly /h also hidden and system /c continue on errors
- InUse - Function to remove in use files
2005-01-11 08:44 PM
Re: Current Suggestions / Requests
Please provide your input in the General Discussions forum.