Fowzzie
(Fresh Scripter)
2015-11-12 04:18 PM
Error with: $System = CreateObject("Kixforms.System")

I'm getting an error on a packaged script when the script gets to the following line of the code.

$System = CreateObject("Kixforms.System")

The error is;-

Title: Windows - Application Error
Error: The instruction at 0x02efd0a0 referenced memory at 0x02efd0a0. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Dr_Rick
(Fresh Scripter)
2016-01-25 05:12 AM
Re: Error with: $System = CreateObject("Kixforms.System")

I am getting it as well. If I use Kix Version 4.63 there is no error.

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2016-01-25 03:24 PM

http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=210525#Post210525

BillBarnard
(Starting to like KiXtart)
2016-02-22 02:19 PM

If upgrading to the Kixforms 2.47 DLL is the answer, please can we have documentation on this version please? The 2.46 CHM file does not contain enough information on new or changed Objects, Properties, Methods, Events and Enumerations. etc. etc.
Thanks.

NTDOCAdministrator
(KiX Master)
2016-02-22 07:27 PM

Hi Bill

Unfortunately, Shawn Tassie who wrote Kixforms only visits the site on rare occasions. I would not expect any further program or documentation updates to be forthcoming.

Glenn BarnasAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2016-02-22 10:24 PM

There's very little difference between the two versions from a documentation standpoint that I'm aware of. Version 2.47 was originally a release that Shawn did for me to correct some Sockets issues (back around 2008 if I recall correctly). I was doing a large helpdesk application that used Sockets to communicate with Kix-based service agents, and Shawn worked with me out of band to resolve those issues.

It was never published on Kixforms.org, and was quite a while before it was finally posted here - maybe a year ago or so. As it turns out, 2.47 just happened to work properly with Win-8 and up where 2.46 began to show the error above.

Glenn

Dr_Rick
(Fresh Scripter)
2016-05-31 10:06 PM

I am using Windows 10 and upgraded to Kixforms Version 2.47 and it fixed my error.