Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#130060 - 2004-11-23 01:36 AM how to run a file in a kix script
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need to create a script to put in Scritplogic Desktop Authority but I have never used Kix before

what I wanted to do was
start \\daedm-tdb12804\trackit\installers\workstationmanager\TiwsMgr.exe
start \\daedm-tdb12804\trackit\audit32.exe

What I have so far is and does not work is

;ScriptLogic Custom Script File
; File Name: todd.kix
; Description: todd.kix
;
;----------------------------------------------------------
run \\daedm-tdb12804\trackit\installers\workstationmanager\TiwsMgr.exe
run \\daedm-tdb12804\trackit\audit32.exe
;----------------------------------------------------------
RETURN ; Must be last line of file. Do not remove this line

The 2 programs it runs could take from 30 to 90 seconds. What is best way to do this. This script will be inside another script hence the return command.

Thanks for help
Todd

#130061 - 2004-11-23 01:51 AM Re: how to run a file in a kix script
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
I doulbt there are very many ScriptLogic users here but as far as you KiX code, you are missing the 'quotes'.

I don't know if Start is a custom SL UDF but it certainly is not native KiX. The KiX way would be:
Code:
SHELL '\\daedm-tdb12804\trackit\installers\workstationmanager\TiwsMgr.exe' 
SHELL '\\daedm-tdb12804\trackit\audit32.exe'

#130062 - 2004-11-23 02:11 AM Re: how to run a file in a kix script
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Well I would think that ScriptLogic would have documentation on ideas for deploying the Helpdesk Authority in the first place as your users will need to have local admin rights in order to install it via a logon script.

You can probably push this out via a GPO or as a Remote Admin script. If your users have local admin rights then you could just run it as Les has shown.

#130063 - 2004-11-23 02:21 AM Re: how to run a file in a kix script
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well the script works fine....for me now. But yeah my users do not have local admin rights. This will be my next hurdle I guess. I am not a domain admin but just an admin for this location and have access to a few AD things. Domain Admins are a few thousand miles away. We had doamin admins put the Desktop Authority SCript in of us and now we admin Desktop Authority but yeah...now to push this software in this script out to users with no admin rights.....yuk
#130064 - 2004-11-23 02:26 AM Re: how to run a file in a kix script
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Well if I read you correctly, you say you already have Desktop Authority installed. If so then I think the software runs under it's own authority account. You just need to have the scripts setup to use the Desktop Authority service. I've never seen or used the service, but I would think that you could get documentation or help from ScriptLogic on how to administer it.

ScriptLogic
http://www.scriptlogic.com

#130065 - 2004-11-23 02:51 AM Re: how to run a file in a kix script
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
You can also execute applications via alternative credentials right through the login script with Desktop Authority via the Application Launcher.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 138 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
MaikSimon, kvn317, kixtarts2025, SERoyalty, mytar
17872 Registered Users

Generated in 0.057 seconds in which 0.026 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org